- Shredded Cheddar cheese and sour cream (optional)
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili hot beans, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) great Northern beans, drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 1/2 green, red, and/ or orange bell peppers, coarsely chopped (2 cup s)
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 celery stalks, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup )
- 2 medium yellow onions, coarsely chopped (2 cup s)
- 4 tsp kosher salt
- 4 tsp minced jalapeno pepper
- 4 1/2 cup s chopped skinless leftover or pre-cooked turkey meat (1 1/2 pounds)
- 4 garlic clove s, minced
- 6 cup s less-sodium chicken broth
1. In large saucepot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until browned, breaking up turkey with side of spoon.
2. Stir in chili powder, salt, cayenne, and cumin. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, leftover turkey, cilantro, and jalapeno. Stir in beans, celery, onions, bell peppers, and broth; heat to boiling over high heat. Boil 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; cook chili 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Transfer chili to 5 to 6 quart slow cooker; cover and cook on high 5 to 6 hours. To serve, top chili with cheese, and sour cream, if desired.