- Powdered sugar, flavored cream cheese, and strawberries (optional)
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 tbs light corn syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup syrup
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 Granny Smith, Gala, Fuji, or Red Delicious apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tbs granulated sugar
- 6 slices Texas toast or 1/2 loaf French bread, sliced 1-inch thick
- 9 large eggs
1. The night before: Melt butter in small skillet; stir in brown sugar, and corn syrup. Spread butter mixture into greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Arrange apples over butter mixture, top with bread slices.
2. In large bowl, beat eggs on medium speed 3 minutes. Add half and half milk, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract; beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour mixture evenly over bread slices; cover and refrigerate overnight.
3. The next morning: Preheat oven to 350°, sprinkle nuts, and cinnamon over bread. Bake, uncovered, 40 minutes, or until bread is golden brown.
4. Serve with warm syrup. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and top with cream cheese, if desired. Garnish with strawberries, if desired.