- Chopped fresh chives for garnish
- Kosher salt, and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into wedges
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cup s frozen peas
- 1 1/2 pounds baby red-skinned potatoes
- 1 1/2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup barley
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley leaves plus additional for garnish
- 2 cup s baby carrots
- 2 medium leeks, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless sirloin tip roast, fat trimmed, cut into 1 1/2 pieces
- 2 garlic clove s, sliced
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 8 cup s less-sodium beef broth
1. In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. In 2 batches, add beef and cook each batch 3 to 5 minutes or until beef is browned, stirring occasionally. Transfer beef to 5 to 6 quart slow cooker.
2. Add potatoes, thyme, garlic, leeks, bay leaf, onion, broth, carrots, barley, parsley, and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and cook on low 7 to 8 hours or until beef and potatoes are tender.
3. In medium bowl, whisk together water, and flour; stir into slow cooker. Increase heat to high, cover and cook 15 minutes. Stir in peas, and vinegar; cover and cook 3 minutes. Remove and discard bay leaf, and thyme stems. Season with salt, and pepper. Serve garnished with parsley, and chives.