- - salt and pepper
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 tbs Greek seasoning
- 1 medium cucumber, cut lengthwise in half, the crosswise into thin slices (about 2 cup s)
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cup s halved grape tomatoes
- 2 beef T-bone steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 1 lb . each)
1. Grate peel and squeeze 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Combine Greek seasoning and lemon peel. Reserve 2 teaspoons mixture for salad. Press remaining mixture evenly onto beef steaks.
2. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 15 to 19 minutes) for medium rare (145° F) to medium (160° F) doneness, turning occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, combine reserved 2 teaspoons seasoning mixture, lemon juice, cucumber, tomatoes and cheese in medium bowl, stirring to combine. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
4. Remove bones; carve steaks into slices. Season with salt, as desired. Serve beef with cucumber and tomato salad.
Total recipe time: 35-40 minutes.
Recipe & photo courtesy of The Beef Checkoff, http://www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com