- 1 tbs butter
- 1 tsp chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tbs browning and seasoning sauce, optional
- 1 tbs water
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/8-1/4 tsp almond flavor
- 2 tbs water
- 2 slice s firm white bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, 1 1/4-inch thick
1. For stuffing, melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook almonds, celery and onion in hot butter until vegetables are tender. Stir in the 2 tablespoons water, bouillon granules, parsley flakes and almond flavor. Add bread cubes; toss to moisten bread cubes. Cut opening in each chop from the outer side; widen opening into pocket, being careful not to cut through the other side of the chop. Fill pockets in chops with equal amounts of stuffing. Secure with toothpicks.
2. Heat oven to 375° F. Place stuffed chops on roasting rack in shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, until internal temperature is 145° F (check temperature in thickest part of meat) 35-45 minutes. Combine browning and seasoning sauce and 1 tablespoon water in small bowl, if desired; brush over chops. Bake for 2 minutes more. Remove toothpicks from chops.
Recipe and photo courtesy of the National Pork Board, http://www.porkbeinspired.com